Table Of Contents
Dubai Metro is the world’s longest fully automated metro network, with over 75 kilometers of track and 46 stations. It was opened in September 2009, and since then it has become an integral part of the city’s transportation system. The metro system operates from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm, Sunday to Wednesday, and from 6:00 am to midnight on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Exploring the Lines: Dubai Metro Routes and Stations
Dubai Metro has two main lines: the Red Line and the Green Line. The Red Line runs from Rashidiya to Jebel Ali, passing through popular destinations such as Deira City Center, Union Square, and Dubai Mall. The Green Line runs from Etisalat to Creek, passing through important locations such as Dubai Healthcare City and Al Jadaf.
Dubai Metro’s Red Line
The Dubai Metro Red Line offers convenient access to a variety of popular destinations throughout the city. From Rashidiya to Jebel Ali, the Red Line covers over 50 kilometers of track and serves 46 stations, including:
- Rashidiya Station (R11): Serves the neighborhoods of Rashidiya and Mirdif
- Emirates Station (R12), Airport Terminal 3 Station (R13), Airport Terminal 1 Station (R14): Connects passengers to Garhoud, Dubai Festival City, and Dubai Airport
- GGICO Station (R15): Links to Garhoud and Deira
- Deira City Centre Station (R16), Al Rigga Station (R17), Union Station (R18/G20): Serves Deira and Dubai Creek
- BurJuman Station (R19/G26): Offers access to Bur Dubai
- ADCB Station (R20): Located in Al Karama
- Al Jafiliya Station (R21): Provides access to Al Jafiliya and Zabeel Park
- World Trade Centre Station (R22), Emirates Towers Station (R23), Financial Centre Station (R24): Serves the Trade Centre and DIFC areas
- Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall Station (R25): Connects to Downtown Dubai
- Business Bay Station (R26): Serves the Business Bay area
- Al Safa Station (R29), Umm Al Sheif Station (R31): Located in Al Quoz
- Mall of the Emirates Station (R32), Mashreq Station (R33): Serves Al Barsha
- Dubai Internet City Station (R34): Connects to Al Barsha Heights
- Al Khail Station (R35): Serves Dubai Media City
- Dubai Marina Station (R36): Links to Dubai Marina
- DMCC Station (R37): Connects to Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT)
- Jebel Ali Station (R38/Route 2020): Serves Jebel Ali.
Whether you’re commuting to work, exploring the city, or traveling to the airport, the Red Line of the Dubai Metro has you covered.
Dubai Metro’s Green Line
The Dubai Metro Green Line offers a seamless connection to several bustling neighborhoods and key destinations across the city. Spanning over 22 kilometers of track, the Green Line features 20 stations, including:
- Etisalat Station (G11), Al Qusais Station (G12), Dubai Airport Free Zone Station (G13), Al Nahda Station (G14), Stadium Station (G15): Serves Al Qusais
- Al Qiyadah Station (G16): Connects to Al Twar
- Abu Hail Station (G17), Abu Bakr Al Siddique Station (G18), Salah Al Din Station (G19), Baniyas Square Station (G21), Gold Souq Station (G22), Al Ras Station (G23): Serves Deira
- Al Ghubaiba Station (G24), Sharaf DG Station (G25): Provides access to Bur Dubai
- Oud Metha Station (G27): Serves Oud Metha
- Dubai Healthcare City Station (G28): Connects to Umm Hurair
- Al Jadaf Station (G29), Creek Station (G30): Serves Al Jaddaf.
Dubai Metro’s Route 2020
- The Gardens Station (R70): Connects to The Gardens
- Discovery Gardens Station (R71): Serves Discovery Gardens
- Al Furjan Station (R72): Provides access to Al Furjan
- Jumeirah Golf Estates Station (R73): Serves Jumeirah Golf Estates
- Dubai Investment Park Station (R74): Connects to Green Community and Dubai Investment Park
- Expo 2020 Station (R76): Offers a direct route to Expo 2020.
Dubai Metro Fares
- Standard Adult Ticket: 1 Zone (or 2 zones less than 3 km): AED 4 2 Zones: AED 6 3+ Zones: AED 8.5
- Pre-paid Standard Adult Ticket: 1 Zone (or 2 zones less than 3 km): AED 3 2 Zones: AED 5 3+ Zones: AED 7.5
- Concessionary Ticket: 1 Zone (or 2 zones less than 3 km): AED 1.5 2 Zones: AED 2.5 3+ Zones: AED 3.75
Dubai Metro Gold Class Ticket
Single Trip: 1 zone (or 2 zones covering less than 3 km): AED 8 2 zones: AED 12 3 or more zones: AED 17 Pre-paid Single Trip: 1 zone (or 2 zones covering less than 3 km): AED 6 2 zones: AED 10 3 or more zones: AED 15
Dubai Metro Monthly Pass options
Silver: AED 270 Blue: AED 170 Senior Citizens: AED 200 Special needs: Free Children: Free
Dubai Metro Day Pass options: Silver: AED 20 Gold: AED 40
You can obtain your Dubai Metro card from a ticket machine, office, or authorized sales agent.
Dubai Metro Offers
- Free Wi-Fi
- Emergency call boxes
- Over 3,000 CCTV cameras
- On-duty metro police officers
- Braille guidance paths
- Elevators for access to platforms
- Audible and visual platform alerts
- Informative displays for passenger information
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Radio link for direct communication with authorities in case of emergencies
Dubai Metro Timing
Dubai Metro operates daily from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM, except on Fridays when the starting time is 10:00 AM.
Dubai Metro has two official apps to help you stay informed and organized:
- RTA Dubai
If you need to contact the Dubai Metro customer service, call 800 9090 for assistance.
Check our Article also : Dubai Visa Check Online and Cancellation